I'm sure it seems early to be thinking of next year, but we need to have a President Elect by January or we won't be able to have a PTA at Sage Hills. Maybe that doesn't seem like a big loss to some of you, but without a PTA there wouldn't be anyone to organize room parents, dinners for the teachers, volunteers for book fairs, hearing & vision screenings, take home reading library. Not to mention, we couldn't have any after school activities, including choir or reflections. We really are the organization that supports the teachers and faculty and makes it possible for them to do the hard work of teaching and shaping our children.
Some of you may wonder why I'm not going to be PTA President again next year, and the answer is that my oldest will be in 7th grade and I feel that I need to split my time between Sage Hills and whatever school she is in. But I plan to still be involved in Sage Hills PTA, just not as President. So, if you are thinking that you would like to get to know some AMAZING people, and serve the kids in our school, send me an email at sagehillspta@gmail.com.
Shiree Dome
No comments:
Post a Comment