Thursday, December 6, 2012

We REALLY need a PTA President for next year

Dear friends,
It's that time of year again when we need to find someone willing to take over as President for 2013-2014.  That seems very far away; however, our bi-laws state that we need to have someone in place by January.
So to make it seem a little less scary, I'll let you in on a few secrets.  First, all of the hard stuff is over for the year!  (Other than the play, which we won't be doing next year).  Second, being President hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. Honestly. We have a great group of people working together to do everything and being the President has mostly been encouraging & helping them get the things done they need to do. There have been long hours when big events have happened, but there have also been weeks when I haven't done much PTA stuff at all!  Third, it is SO FUN!! I have met some amazing people, and working with the kids has been delightful.
Everyone is in different places in their life, and I know there is someone out there who is at the time of life when they can give more time and energy to the kids of Sage Hills.  If you're thinking that might be you, please email me & we'll chat.  I was scared at first to sign up for this job, but I'm so glad I did because it has helped me grow and become a better person.
Sincerly,
Shiree

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I work during the day, is it more for a stay at home mom???

Sage Hills PTA said...

Thanks for your comment, Cris. I wish I could say that someone working during the day could do the job, but there are too many things during the day that need to be attended for that to work. All the PTA meetings are in the morning, for council as well as local. So, unfortunately, the President either needs to be a stay at home mom, or have a flexible enough schedule to be able to make the meetings.
Shiree